Intravenous (IV) alkaline hypertonic saline infusion to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in horses.
$0.00 ex GST
- Active Ingredients
- Pack Sizes
- Directions For Use
- Dosage Rates
- Local Stockists
- Buy Online
- Rapid rehydration effects, particularly useful following long distance transport or heavy exercise.
- Initiates the thirst reflex in horses which are unwilling to drink.
- Restores cellular efficiency and body salts to ensure optimal athletic performance.
- Alters the blood profile from one of hypotonic contraction to hypertonic expansion; a gain of salts in excess of water.
- Ideal for rapid restoration of body fluid reserves.
Active Ingredients per L
|Sodium Chloride 38g||Sodium Citrate 38g|
500mL medical pouch for sterile intravenous (IV) infusion. Supplied with 90mm draw off tube, snap-off Luer slip plug and sterile 14G catheter
Directions For Use
Administer entire contents of one 500mL pouch by intravenous (IV) infusion. This product is for use by veterinarians only.
Ensure fresh, clean drinking water is available immediately after treatment, as horses will seek out water.
The provision of adequate dietary roughage (hay) will aid the prevention of dehydration due to fibrous matter in the hindgut acting as a storage reservoir for water and electrolytes. Horses must receive 1% of body weight daily in roughage provision.
APVMA Approval Number: 51418
50mL multi-dose vial administration of 5mL/500kg every second day or as directed by a veterinarian. Administration via intramuscular (IM) injection.